Delivering a great customer experience (CX) is paramount to growing any business. Good CX leads to higher customer satisfaction, which brings loyalty and as word gets around, new customers. Bad CX has the opposite effect, driving away existing customers to your competitors which are providing better CX than you.
CX is a capability, and as with all capabilities, can be built in-house or outsourced. To build it in-house, companies will need to enhance their current technologies such as customer relationship management systems and restructure to ensure they have the right level of staff and processes in place to effectively deliver CX.
This engenders heavy up-front investment while outsourcing the effort to Business Process Services (BPS) providers not only gives your organisation access to best-in-class practices, it reduces the need for infrastructural investment and allows your business to focus on its core competencies.
Finding the right outsourcing company is critical. Here are five characteristics to keep in mind as you seek the best BPS provider to help you grow.
- Value for money: Outsourcing may help drive down costs, but the correct metric is not dollars saved but the value you get for your dollar. The right BPS provider will give you high quality, on-time and on-target work for your money.
- Quality of workers: The outsourcing company should have pools of experienced and skilled workers you can tap on. Their expertise is what you will count on to deliver the high quality work you are expecting.
- Stellar customer support: Just like your customers expect a responsive customer support to solve their problems, your BPS provider likewise needs to be on top of their game. A good BPS provider will ensure they provide you the assistance you need quickly and accurately.
- Transparency and complete disclosure: Just because you have outsourced a process does not mean you have to lose control. You want to work with an outsourcing company you can trust, which will answer all your questions regarding how they do the work you have entrusted them with, and their policies.
- Growing with you: The business landscape is continually changing, and you need your BPS provider to be able to adapt with you. They should provide options for scalability, sizing up or down operations to meet your business needs. They must have the scale to grow alongside you, supporting you in new locations as your business expands abroad and be able to match your schedule.